Thursday, July 16, 2009

Still here...

Well. Hm. We're still here. The Colonel has NOT hit the road. Houston we have a problem! I feel like I'm watching a tv with "I'm sorry, we're expecting technical issues. Please stand by" written all over the screen. Our mechanic has been run off his feet and has a guy on vacation, so he hasn't had a lot of time to devote to us unfortunately. I attempted to bribe him with pastries, but apparently that only works with women... So we've been working hard in the evenings until LATE at night painting, wallpapering, ripping out lineoleum, dropping & re-installing the gas tank, the list just goes on and on! Then we wake up early in the morning and do what we can until our mechanic can get a chance to breathe and can start in on The Colonel. It's not the ideal situation, but we've all had weeks when we've been run off our feet so what can you do right?! In any case, we're trying to keep our spirits up and work through our "to do" list as quickly as possible!

I'd like to take a second to say a HUGE thank you to my parents and to my wonderful friend Alena. They've put in endless hours working side by side with Dan and I, and I wanted to acknowledge all your hard work! We certainly wouldn't be anywhere near taking this trip if it wasn't for you!!!

I have to get to sleep now. It's 2am. I'll post some photos tomorrow of the wallpaper Alena and I put up tonight. She's a master and I don't think I could have done 1/4 of all this without her!!!! Night night lovelies!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment